Together. Today. Tomorrow. Always.
We are committed to serving your needs with the right advice and solutions to help you manage your finances. We will continue to dedicate resources to ensure your overall personal well-being and customer satisfaction, keeping you informed on everything we’re doing to support our customers, employees and community.
Consumer Financial Relief
Our consumers and communities continue to face unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Those still experiencing financial hardships because of the pandemic are encouraged to contact us at (877) 226-5578 so we can work to find the best solutions for you.
Update on Economic Impact Payments
The IRS and Treasury have started delivering the third round of Economic Impact Payments. Most individuals will receive their payments automatically. For more information about this second round of stimulus payments, please read the Treasury and IRS press release.
Start a New PPP Loan Application
Our goal is to make the application process as easy as possible for small businesses. To better understand what documents will be requested during the application process, download our required documents checklist
. Applicants will need an active Five Star Bank business checking account to apply for a PPP loan through Five Star Bank. Don't have an account? Compare accounts or start the process online.
In order to ensure the best possible experience when using the application portal we recommend the use of traditional desktops/laptops to complete the application.
We will continue to follow the guidance released by the Small Business Administration (SBA) regarding this second round of the Paycheck Protection Program. Here are some program highlights that could impact your business.
- New Round of PPP Funding for first-time PPP Borrowers: The eligibility is expanded for first-time borrowers to continue to help small businesses on the road to recovery.
- Second Draw Loan for Eligible Businesses: Eligible businesses who have 300 or fewer employees and experienced a 25% sales decline in any quarter of 2020 may apply for a second PPP loan.
- Simplified Forgiveness for Loans of $150,000 or Less: A new simplified forgiveness process will be available in the near future. Watch for updates from the SBA. We recommend that clients with loans of this size wait for the new process before completing and submitting their forgiveness application.
- Forgiveness for Loans Greater than $150,000: Eligible expenses for PPP loans have been expanded. Clients could benefit from these changes and we recommend they wait for additional SBA guidance prior to moving forward with PPP forgiveness.
NOTE: There are some exceptions to the program highlights listed above. You many want to consult your accountant, attorney or other trusted advisors prior to applying. For full program details, visit sba.gov
Need more information before you apply for a Paycheck Protection Program loan with Five Star Bank?
Updates to SBA Debt Relief
NOTE: These relief options do not apply to Paycheck Protection Program loans but are available to those with qualified SBA loans. For full details, please refer to www.sba.gov
As part of the CARES Act, the Small Business Administration (SBA) is providing debt relief to existing SBA loan borrowers during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Your business may have already received assistance from SBA over the past year under the CARES Act, and you may now be entitled to additional assistance as part of the Economic Aid Act.
What type of assistance is available?
If your business was approved for an SBA Loan during specific periods, the SBA will make the regular monthly loan payments (including the principal, interest and certain associated fees) on behalf of your business for a specified number of months, subject to adjustment based on the availability of funds provided by Congress.
When does this relief start?
Payments begin on or after February 1, 2021, depending on the type of SBA Loan you have.
Will my loan qualify for Debt Relief Assistance?
To be eligible to receive payments, your loan must meet the following:
- Your loan must be issued as part of one of the SBA Loan Programs
- Your loan must have been approved by the SBA during specified periods
- Your loan must be fully disbursed (the lender has paid you the full amount approved for your loan)
- Your loan must be in a regular servicing status (has not defaulted or moved into a liquidation status)
NOTE: This relief option is not available for Paycheck Protection Program loans or Economic Disaster loans
What do I need to do?
You do not need to apply for this assistance. SBA provides this assistance automatically to eligible borrowers.
My business is assigned a North American Industry Classification System Code. What additional assistance do I qualify for?
For some businesses the SBA will make your regular monthly payment s for additional period of time beginning on or after February 1, 2021. Please refer to www.naics.com
for a listing of qualified codes and details.
Which loans do NOT qualify?
Any loans approved after September 27, 2020 and before February 1, 2021 do not qualify. Additionally, loans made under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) do not qualify for this assistance.
For any specific questions about your SBA Loan through Five Star Bank, please contact your relationship manager or our business relief phone line at (888) 312-1066.
The health and safety of our community, our customers, and team remain our top priority. Our team looks forward to continuing to provide you with a full complement of banking services, financial education, advice, and solutions while we continue to evaluate the best ways to serve our community. From great service to great convenience. We remain accessible to our customers through our drive-thru windows, surcharge-free ATM network, Digital Banking, and by phone at (877) 226-5578.
Through Five Star Bank Digital Banking, you can access your account information and perform everyday banking transactions from the convenience and safety of your home:
- Access your accounts to view balances and recent transactions
- Deposit checks to existing Five Star Bank accounts using mobile check deposits
- Transfer money between accounts
- Make payments
User guides, interactive simulators and other online resources are available to help customers take advantage of Five Star Bank Digital Banking. Visit our support page
for more information.
Additional banking solutions available to our customers include:
At Five Star Bank, we will continue to do our best to ensure your well-being. We are proud to be your bank and thank you for the opportunity to serve you. Together, we will get through these challenging times.