Have you been a victim of fraud? Need to report a lost or stolen card?
Call us at (877) 226-5578.
Protect yourself. And your account.
At Five Star Bank, we place our customer's financial well-being at the heart of everything we do. That means doing our part to keep your account information secure, but also being your partner in this journey to help you protect yourself from fraudulent activity. Technological advancements have changed the way our customers bank. Whether you bank at home, through a drive-thru, at an ATM or in our branch- we want to make sure your money and information stays secure today and tomorrow.
What we do.
Five Star Bank will send you a text message or give you a call regarding potential fraudulent transactions. In these communications, we only ask you to verify account transactions, not account details.
We will never contact you for login information, account specifics or card numbers. If you receive a call, text or email asking for these details, even from someone claiming to work for Five Star Bank, please do not respond and contact us immediately at (877) 226-5578. As your trusted financial partner, our team asks to be made aware of any instances where account information is requested - especially if you have unintentionally shared any personal details.
What you can do.
Be vigilant if you receive a suspicious call, text or email. If you receive a communication like this, do not give out any information. Another way to protect yourself and your account information is to use a strong password for your Five Star Bank Digital Banking login and for other important online accounts. For tips on how to build a strong password, check out this reference document.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers for some of the most Frequently Asked Questions when it comes to security protection.
How does Five Star Bank monitor my account?
- When monitoring for fraud, we use a transaction monitoring system and 24/7 real-time debit care monitoring to identify suspicious activity. We may reach out by call, text or email to verify this activity.
What should I do if I plan on traveling?
- Contact your local branch and ask them to make a travel note. The information is passed on to the Fraud team and listed on your account.
What should I do if I feel I am a victim of identity theft?
- Please call or visit your local branch and visit the Federal Trade Commission's website (FTC.gov) to report identity theft.
How Does Five Star Bank monitor my identity?
- A member of your branch or Fraud team may call you to verify suspicious activity on your account.
What are some tips for creating a strong password?
- Strong passwords have the following characteristics:
- Contain both upper and lower-case characters.
- Have numbers and special characters.
- Is not a word in any language, slang, dialect, jargon, etc.
- Are not based on personal information, names of family, etc.
- Are not to be written down or stored on-line.
- Try to create passwords that can be easily remembered. One way to do this is create a password based on a song title, affirmation, or other phrase. For example, the phrase might be: "This May Be One Way To Remember" and the password could be: "TmB1w2R!" or "Tmb1W>r~" or some other variation. Do not use either of these examples as passwords! Pa$$w0rd1 is NOT a strong password even though it has upper and lower case, a number, and a special character because it acts like a dictionary word.